Monday 22 July 2013

Leech's and punctuation.

Early this afternoon, my girlfriend came down to see me. After around twenty minutes (more like an hour) of complaining to each other about the fact we never really go out anymore, we decided to go for walk. After yet another ten minutes we decided to go for a walk through the local valley, Sandwell Valley. If i had to sum the place up in a few words I would mention that it's in the midlands and surrounded by Motorways; but still a nice area for a quick walk.

Around halfway through our walk we ended up alongside a wide stream, me being the turtle lover I am I mentioned numerous times to Naomi that it would be awesome if i could get some of the aquatic plants to take home for my tank. Next thing I know, my shoes and socks are off and i'm knee deep in water furiously trying to scrape the gravel from around this plant, all the time being weary that people could have been watching me making a fool out of myself. 



After a long walk back to the car and with Naomi repeatedly reminding me how much of a nutjob I am, we arrived back home; ready for the next crazy experience.

Me being the expert I am, seemed to neglect the fact that a wild plant in a wild environment would actually have wildlife contained within it, afterall I gave it a quick rinse in the stream right? Wrong. The second I put the plant inside my turtle tank there was an explosion of life darting from every direction out of the tangled stems. So now, instead of having two turtles, I now have two turtles and probably enough other Fauna to start a small nature reserve.



Oh, and Naomi was shocked about the size of the Leslie. She still doesn't see what all the fuss is about though! Time to bombard her with Jimmy Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment