Wednesday 24 July 2013

Bach to Bach

So, i'm Bach to learning my Bach piece (see what I did there?) It's the first one in his book of "twelve little preludes". My teacher advises that I don't add the ornaments yet, and I also play legato as stated on the music; yet every recording I have listened to on youtube has been short and detached.
In no way am I trying to say my teacher is wrong, just that it might be a difference in my version of the sheet music.

Overall the piece is going rather well, it should have been memorised well before now but due to me being rather lazy on the practise front it's really quite behind. On top of this he also requested I learn Mozart's sonata in C major, a rather daunting task for me at the moment.

If I had to assess why my practise of the classical pieces has been falling behind, it's probably because I get greatly frustrated that I can't play a simple piece, but can play much more advanced when improvising and playing music of a different style. I guess the easy route never pays off.

Anyway, back to the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment